Enjoy the taste of a peach cobbler in this protein-packed smoothie! All you need are 5 ingredients and 3 minutes to create this delicious healthy shake packed with protein and healthy fats. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
This Peach Cobbler Protein Smoothie tastes like a summer dessert! Yet it is packed with 20-30 grams of protein, healthy fats, and delicious fresh fruit. Cinnamon and almond butter flavour fresh peaches to taste like a peach pie.
Prepared in 3 minutes from 5 ingredients, this peach smoothie recipe is perfect for when you need a quick pick-me-up!
Enjoy as an energizing morning smoothie, post-workout shake, or booze it up by adding your favourite alcohol for a resort-style frozen drink. Keep reading to learn just how easy it is to make.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Healthy yet tastes like a dessert!
- A filling snack. Packed with 20-30 g protein and healthy fats.
- Just 5 ingredients, made in 3 minutes.
- Perfect for breakfast, post-workout, snack or dessert.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. Omit the almond butter for nut-free too.
Here are all the ingredients you'll need to make this peach cobbler protein shake:
- Frozen peaches: You can buy frozen peach slices, or slice and freeze fresh peaches. You can leave the skin on or peel if off.
- Frozen banana: I like the creaminess that a little banana adds to this smoothie, however it will make the peach flavour a little less prominent.
- Vanilla protein powder: I like to use whey, but vegan protein will work too. I like to use the premier protein vanilla milkshake whey protein powder.
- Almond butter: This makes the shake creamy and forms almond milk when blended with the water.
- Cinnamon: Use as much or as little as you like.
Amp up the nutrition of this smoothie with any of your favourite add ins! Try some of these:
- Greek yogurt: 1-2 large tablespoons. Or if you're vegan try almond milk yogurt or coconut yogurt.
- Collagen powder
- Chia seeds: Blend them in. Start with 1 tablespoon and increase to 2 if desired.
- Flax Seeds: 1-2 tablespoons
- Oats: Try adding 2-4 tablespoon of hearty oats. Use rolled or quick oats.
- Spinach: 1 large handful
- Maple syrup or honey if you like it sweeter.
- More frozen fruits like strawberries, pineapple, mango, etc. Be sure to increase the water amount if adding more fruit.
- and more!
There are many ways to change up this smoothie depending on your mood. Here are some substitution suggestions:
- Banana. If you don't like banana in your smoothies, feel free to omit it and add about ½ cup ice cubes, or another frozen fruit. The smoothie may be less creamy and more icy, but the peach flavour will be more prominent.
- Water. Substitute with milk if you prefer. Or almond milk, coconut milk, etc. Some peach juice would also give more fruity flavour.
- Vegan. Use a scoop of protein powder that is vegan.
- Add booze. 1-2 oz vodka or rum is my pick for a delicious frozen fruity cocktail!
- Want a smoothie bowl? Reduce the water to ⅓ cup. Use the tamper of your blender to mix and stir until smooth. Add a small amount more liquid if needed. Blending will take several minutes.
Be sure to read the recipe card below for the full recipe.
(1) Add all ingredients to the bucket of a high powered blender.
(2) Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
(3) Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
How to Serve
There are many ways to enjoy this peach protein shake. Here are some suggestions:
- Enjoy as a healthy breakfast or snack on the go.
- Make a blended cocktail by blending in 1-2 oz vodka or rum.
- Enjoy at brunch with some of these delicious recipes:
- Gluten-free blackberry muffins
- 4 ingredient vegan pancakes
- Pumpkin banana muffins
- Gluten-free english muffins
- Gluten-free bagels
- Booster Juice "The Original" copycat
Check out more breakfast recipes here!
Make Ahead & Storage
Note that this smoothie recipe is best served and consumed fresh after preparing. It should not be made ahead of time, nor stored for later.
If you're hosting a crowd of people, this recipe is easy to scale up (depending on your blender capacity). Double the recipe for two large smoothies or 4 smaller smoothies.
Here are some of my top tips and tricks for a successful smoothie:
- Use only frozen fruit. This will result in the coldest, thickest, creamiest smoothie.
- Add the liquid slowly. You can always add more to thin it out.
- Use a high speed blender. My two favourite investments are the ZWILLING ENFINIGY power blender or the Vitamix E310.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds until thoroughly pulverized.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you use vegan protein powder.
If you don't like banana in your smoothies, feel free to omit it and add about ½ cup ice or other frozen fruit like mango or strawberries. The smoothie may be less creamy and more icy, with less of a peach flavour.
Totally! Reduce the water to ⅓ cup. Use the tamper of your blender to mix and stir until smooth. Add a small amount more liquid if needed. Blending will take several minutes.
This healthy peach cobbler smoothie is perfect for breakfast, post-workout, or just a mid-day snack! The perfect drink for summer peach season, using seasonal produce. It blends up quickly so you can get to enjoying.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie
- Booster Juice "The Original" Copycat
- Booster Juice "Mango Hurricane" Copycat
Have you made this peach protein smoothie? I'd very much appreciate it if you leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review below, and tag me on instagram @fromoliviaskitchen!
Peach Cobbler Protein Smoothie
- High-power blender
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder I like to use whey, but vegan protein will work too
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to the bucket of a high powered blender. Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
- My favorite high powered blenders are the ZWILLING ENFINIGY power blender, and the Vitamix E310.
- Use frozen fruit: This smoothie will have the best texture if all fruit is previously frozen. To freeze bananas, peel them, cut into quarters, and freeze in a large plastic bag. With this method I add 2 banana quarters to one smoothie.
- Additional nutrition: Add a handful of spinach, collagen powder, chia seeds, or any other nutritional supplements to bulk up this smoothie.
- Want a smoothie bowl? Reduce the water to ⅓ cup. Use the tamper of your blender to mix and stir until smooth. Add a small amount more liquid if needed. Blending will take a few minutes.